Wednesday 13 June 2018

Summer proof mascara

I have - despite being blasted with Roaccutane - exceptionally oily eyelids. I also smile a lot. The combination of these 2 means that no mascara will survive the day without giving me panda eyes by 1pm.

Therefore I relied on waterproof mascara. This works amazingly well however during my time on Roaccutane, I found that any rubbing of my eye area AT ALL was catastrophic. Cue red myxomatosis looking eyes and eczema which takes a week to clear.

I therefore had to look for alternatives and after a recent stint in airport Duty Free, I purchased the Clinique Lash Power mascara. Now compared to my usual Maybelline favourites (Maybelline Colossal in waterproof) this is pricey HOWEVER for the lack of trauma it caused my eyes it was a God send.

The Clinique Lash Power is a type of tubing mascara. What this means is that rather than being made up of lots of tiny fibres within a black solution (as regular mascaras are), it creates a coating around each lash (like a tube). This means they are generally not quite so good at giving volume but will add length and a small amount of thickness. They are also great for separating and most importantly..no fibres = no flaking, which is what causes the smudging and panda eyes.

It also means that they are simply removed by holding a hot flannel over the eye and gently wiping away.
If you are a 2-3 layer kinda girl like me, this may take a couple of swipes, but compared to the absolute nightmare of removing waterproof mascara, this is a doddle.

I can also confirm that I remained smudge free poolside in Majorca as well as in the evening - which is unheard of for me. A+ to Clinique.

Below are some before and afters just to prove my point...

Top: without and with mascara
Bottom: Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment