Tuesday 5 June 2018

Summer feet - part 1




At home gel nails

I have gone from high maintenance to low, to back again and feel I have now settled somewhere in between. I however have strong feelings about foot care. Manky looking feet are an absolute no. I would rather wear full cover shoes than sandals with scabby looking nails, HOWEVER I am not prepared to spend hours in a salon and my life's earnings to achieve this.

If you are like me and spend any amount of time wearing trainers/in a pool you will understand the issue of painstakingly pedicuring your toes only to have them destroyed after a session in the gym or pool.

Hear enters the beauty of gel nails.

I have now fully tried and tested an at-home nail gel system and can confirm that I can EASILY get 4 or 5 weeks wear out of a pedicure (if I can keep one colour on for that long before wanting a change). The process is also significantly quicker, as soon as that light beeps, you are set and ready to go. The novelty of being able to put your foot in socks and shoes within 30 seconds of the last cure still hasn't worn off.

The system I used is by Nail Star. It is an LED vs UV light - not so important for your feet but if you are concerned about ageing you want to limit the amount of unfiltered UV that your hands receive.

It was an absolute bargain and it is so light and transportable I would definitely purchase again.

The only other thing you need to buy is some acetone solution for soaking off the polish (I got mine from Home Bargains) and a prep solution which dehydrates the nail to allow better bonding and also removes any sticky layer left if you use a top coat which causes this.

Being such a bargain hunter, I was also unwilling to pay £15 for a nail polish that I was unsure I would use regularly so over to Ebay I went.

I will link all the polishes I have used below.

Top and Base coat
Pale Green: VB 182
Blue: Kiki London Zesty Sea Breeze
White: Kiki London Cream Puff

Absolutely would recommend the Kiki London range, under £4 a pop and the staying power is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment