Wednesday 11 April 2018

My favourite oil free moisturisers..which actually moisturise

My favourite oil free moisturisers..which actually moisturise...and a few failures

Once I realised that oil was the cause of my comedones, or at least a contributing factor, I made it my mission to find a good oil free moisturiser. The problem however occurred that I do not have oily skin and I was mid roaccutane treatment, which makes your face feel like a paper bag in a desert. 

I therefore tried a few options and found they were worse than useless and either dried my skin out more or irritated it and I would wake up with patches of eczema. The other issue I found on my hunt was that many moisturisers claim they are non-comedogenic, and may well be, but this does not mean they are oil free. 
As top dermatologist Dr Dennis Gross says, unless it specifically states on the packaging that it is oil free, it isn't. 

See below




I did a google search for oil free moisturisers. Only one of the displayed products is oil free (the Ordinary natural moisturising factors). In fact the second ingredient in the REN moisturiser is camellia seed oil. No wonder we are all confused. 


Here are the ones I love:


Eve Lom Rescue Oil Free Moisturiser
Dermalogical Active Moist

La roche posay toleriane fluid (not toleriane ultra)


And ones I didn't love so much


Clinique 3-Step Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel with Pump - Combination to Oily Skin Types

Dermalogica mediBac clearing Oil Free Matte 

These were both far too drying. I wanted oil free, not life sucking. My skin was like a dry river bed by 3pm, cracking on every facial expression

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser


This was less drying than the matiffying ones but had a strong fragrance (like bathroom cleaner) which with prolonged use irritated my skin as it did not have enough emollients to compensate for so many added atrocities.



x

No comments:

Post a Comment