Tuesday 5 June 2018

Summer feet part 2 - foot mask

Dead skin be gone

In a bid to get my feet holiday ready I had 2 options, spend hours soaking and filing my poor dry feet OR sit with some socks on for an hour and let the products do the hard work for me.

Being incredibly lazy I went for option 2.

Enter Footner Exfoliating Socks.

These are effectively, 2 plastic bags with a material soaked with exfoliating ingredients which include my favourite AHA's (see my post for a guide to these) - Mandelic, Glycolic and Lactic acid, as well as some hyaluronic acid for a bit of hydration.

You basically cut the top off the plastic bag to allow you to insert your feet, you then wear the socks for an hour - I put socks over them so I could carry on with my normal evening activities but I did find the solution sloshed about a fair bit so you would be better just sitting watching a box set while the mask does its work.

You then rinse your feet and forget that you did anything to them...until 3/4 days later. To start with I thought the product hadn't worked but day 5 hit and boom, my feet fell off.

I have inserted some delightful photos below. If you have a foot phobia perhaps scroll past these.

The result however is fantastic. I did an extra bit of scrubbing on my heel to get rid of a tiny bit of remaining dead skin, but the rest of my feet were baby-bum smooth.

I would definitely recommend however be prepared to have around 4 or 5 days where your feet will not be in a presentable state and to have socks filled with dead skin. The process isn't pretty (although it is incredibly satisfying peeling off the shedding layers), but the results certainly are.

Before


During treatment and 3 days later


Days 4-5 post application (and post a bit satisfying self-skin removal)

Nail varnish worn:

Lavender Violets Coral Gold and Apricot Ice ( I wouldn't recommend as the apricot ice bit basically looks like you've half removed a glitter topcoat and given up, but to be thorough I thought it best to include)
Canni UV Milk Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment